Sunday, September 8, 2013

Timpanogos Hike

Yesterday morning Jon and I decided to take the one-year-olds on a hike.  Holly just had their second boy a week ago, and Kristen was catching up on some school work, so they were unavailable - and disappointed they couldn't come...  The kids have both done really well in the past and LOVE being outside and together.  We started from the Timpooneke campground (I first saw this camp labeled as Timpanooke and have had the hardest time changing my mind about it...) on the north side of Timpanogos and just hiked up a couple of miles.  There were TONS of people on the trail and quite a few of them were trail running to the top - bunch of crazies - just my style!

The picture is at Scout Falls - maybe a mile and a quarter up the north side.  Abby loved the whole experience and even got in a super deep nap on the way down.  I had to slow down and walk carefully so her little neck wouldn't get too sore from the bouncing.  Jon (and especially Chase) both enjoyed it, too.  I think we've decided that unless we want to be self-labeled has-beens, we need to get out and do stuff outdoors a LOT more!

No comments:

Post a Comment