Saturday, August 18, 2012

Abigail Lee Orgill

Here's the long past due Baby Abigail update!  Let's see if I can simplify the whole story.. Had high blood pressure, lots of bed rest, was really lazy and out of shape, midwife wanted to induce, hospital full, water broke that night, pitocin at 1 am by 1 pm I would rather have been finishing 10 marathons in a row.. Nate was amazing the whole time! (I don't think I was very nice to him:( I can't remember a lot, but I'm pretty sure he had scratches and bruises on his arm)  He even tracked down the anesthesiologist to help me find my "happy place." Baby born at 4:43pm, instant amazement, shock and pure love. Abby was 7 pounds, 7 ounces, 18 inches long and super super cute.   
Here's a picture when we first got to the hospital, little did I know what was coming...
 Here's Abby minutes after she was born, she was perfect in every way! 

 Here's our new happy family!  (I think I'm still a little loopy from the drugs:) 


 She loves to cuddle and sleep, a perfect combo! 

 Here's our midwife who delivered Abby, she was so so good and helped so much!

 After the hospital, Abby had jaundice and had to stay under UV lights for two days.  We called it her "tanning bed". She was a trooper and hardly complained at all.  I don't know how we got so lucky, she really is easy going and good natured.
My mom was a lifesaver and stayed with us for awhile to teach me all the ins and outs of taking care of a baby.  I don't think I could have done it without her! She was a huge support and even pulled an all nighter to sleep on the floor next to Abby's "tanning bed."  I'll admit I was ready to move us all back home when it was time for her to leave, we were very very spoiled having her there.  
This is Abby's favorite way to sleep, she LOVES curling up in a ball and being held. 
 Here's some awesome pictures Nate took of Abby, we definitely can't get enough of her!




 


  
After things slowed down a bit, Nate's mom Thayne came in town and was a lifesaver also! She babysat, cooked, pulled weeds, and cuddled Abby.  We were spoiled again, loved having her there and were so sad to see her leave.  (Once again I was tempted to move so we could keep being spoiled:)

As you can see from this smile, Abby LOVED having her there also!!

4 comments:

  1. Aww:) So happy for you guys:) She is wearing that cute little dress! We can't wait to meet her and hopefully soon:) Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for this post:) She is just precious. I love all of her hair!! I'm so glad all went well and that you have had such great help. The pictures you have are so cute. I'm so so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet times you are having with beautiful, precious Abigail~ I wish that I could have stayed there forever but alas I had to go home. Keep those precious pictures coming when you get a chance between feedings ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby is adorable, love the hair, the cute little lips, chubby little cheeks. Sorry the last part of your pregnancy was so rough. I must say I love the picture of the two of you napping, but couldn't help but notice how great your boobs are! I love nursing cause my clothes actually fit!
    Can't wait to meet her, but it will probably not be till after my own darling arrives.

    ReplyDelete