Saturday, March 31, 2012

One GIANT Pile of Dirt... :)

This should be every (prior) little boy's dream - a gigantic pile of dirt to play in delivered straight to your front door... well, almost.

We decided that it was time to level out (and hopefully improve) our lawn after finishing the fence project.  If you looked closely at the fence pictures, you might have noticed that the gap on the north end was quite a bit bigger than the south end next to the house.  Those are the remains of the previous owner's RV pad.  It had been covered and planted when we moved in, but they didn't exactly finish the job and left quite a dip in the yard...


I called a landscaping company and got a quote for topsoil - surprisingly cheap, if you ask me... don't ask Kristen :)

So on Wednesday, the ten-wheel dumptruck showed up with 14 cubic yards of topsoil for me to push around for the last few days.

This is the pile it made.  It was originally just as high as the newly finished fence that I wish we'd built after the dirt got delivered...  I've lost track of how many trips I've made with a wheelbarrow almost all the way around our house.

I still have another day or two of playing in the dirt before it'll be ready for grass seed. I can't wait to see what it looks like with grass on it!

More pictures to come when it's not just a photo of dirt... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment